Matcha Slice from Superfood Siobhan
- Food processor
- 20cm square cake tin
- Baking paper
- 1 cup dates
- ¾ cup buckwheat groats (hulled buckwheat)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line your cake tin with baking paper and set aside
- Blend dates, buckwheat and salt in a food processor for a few seconds until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into your lined tin and spread evenly across the bottom, pressing down firmly.
- Transfer to the freezer to set.
- In the meantime, blend cashews, maple syrup and oil until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Take your base out of the freezer, pour half of the cashew mixture over the top and return the tin to the freezer to set further.
- Add your Matcha powder to the remaining cashew mixture and blend until combined.
- When the first cashew layer has had enough time to solidify, pour over the Matcha-cashew mixture.
- Transfer your slice to the fridge to finish setting completely.
- Once the slice has set, cut into 16 evenly sized 2cm squares, serve and enjoy!