Black Sesame Matcha Cups from Underground Culinary Lab
- 12 cup muffin tin
- 12 patty pans
- Small mixing bowl
- Small glass bowl
- Small saucepan
- 5 tbsp black sesame powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp water
- 150 white chocolate
- 1 ½ tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- Toasted black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Line your muffin tin with patty pans and set aside.
- Mix together the sesame seeds, agave and water in a small bowl.
- Divide the mixture into quarters and then thirds before rolling into 12 evenly sized discs.
- Fill your saucepan with about an inch of water and bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat.
- Break your chocolate into a glass bowl and place over the saucepan, making sure the water doesn’t reach the bottom of the bowl.
- Sift in your Matcha powder and stir through until evenly mixed.
- Pour a little bit of the Matcha chocolate into the base of each patty pan, top with a sesame disc, pressing down slightly, then pour over enough Matcha chocolate to cover.
- Tap the muffin tin on the bench to create a smooth top on the Matcha cups and then sprinkle with a few toasted black sesame seeds.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the fridge for a couple of hours until set, remove the Matcha cups, serve and enjoy.