Iced Matcha & Salted Caramel Latte from Downshiftology
- 2 tall glasses
- 1 tbsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 600ml coconut milk
- 2-3 cups ice
- 400ml coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
InstructionsSalted caramel (can be made in advance)
- To make the salted caramel, bring to boil 400ml coconut milk, ½ cup of coconut sugar and the sea salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce the temperature to low and simmer for half an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Keep on the stove for another 5-8 minutes stirring more frequently until the sauce thickens and turns a deep caramel colour.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a jar and allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving to the refrigerator where it can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
- In a blender, combine Matcha, vanilla bean powder, coconut sugar, ½ cup of ice and 400ml of the coconut milk until smooth.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce into each glass and then top with ice.
- Divide the remaining 200ml of coconut milk into the glasses, pour over your Matcha mix, serve and enjoy!