Matcha, Lime & Coconut Lamington Cake from Belleau Kitchen
- 2 x 18cm round loose base cake tin
- Baking paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric beater
- Bamboo whisk (chasen)
- Matcha bowl (chawan)
- 4 eggs
- 260g butter, softened
- 260g caster sugar
- 260g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- A splash of milk
- 250g icing sugar
- 150g butter, softened
- 4 tbsp lime marmalade
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Line and grease your cake tins.
- To make the cake, beat together your butter and sugar until pale.
- Mix in 2 eggs, half the flour and your baking powder.
- Scrape down any mixture on the sides before adding in the final two eggs and remaining flour.
- In your Matcha bowl, whisk together the Matcha powder and milk until frothy and lump free.
- Add the Matcha mix to the rest of your cake batter and beat until combined.
- Pour an even amount of batter into each of your cake tins and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked, remove the cakes from the tins and set aside to cool while you prepare the icing.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater and then mix in your lime juice and marmalade until smooth.
- Once cooled, slice your cakes in half horizontally.
- Build your cake stack, spreading icing and a sprinkle of coconut between each layer.
- Spread your remaining icing (you should have about half the mixture left) over the top and sides of your cake before sprinkling with coconut to finish.
- Serve and enjoy!