Matcha Hot Toddy from Measure & Stir
- Electric beater
- Mixing bowl
- Matcha Bowl (Chawan)
- Matcha Whisk (Chasen)
- Glass mug
- Cocktail skewer
- Fine grater
- Vegetable peeler
- 45ml cachaça or rum
- 45ml of Cocchi Americano or dry vermouth
- 60ml hot water
- ¼ tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- ½ tsp white sugar
- Lime and blueberries, for garnish
- 500ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- Icing sugar
- To make your Matcha cream, begin by pressing your Matcha powder through a sieve into a mixing bowl along with the heavy cream.
- Beat the cream until almost whipped and add icing sugar to taste.
- Finish beating the cream and refrigerate until ready to serve. You will have enough for several cocktails.
- In your Matcha bowl, whisk together sieved Matcha, hot water and sugar.
- Once frothy, pour into your serving mug along with the alcohol.
- Place a couple of blueberries on a cocktail skewer and add to your glass.
- Dollop on some of your Matcha cream, grate over a little bit of lime zest and top with a curl of lime rind.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!