Matcha Muesli Bars from My New Roots
- Small saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Brownie pan
- Baking paper
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1½ cup unsweetened puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup dried fruit, chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Spread your oats and pumpkin seeds in an even layer on a baking tray. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the oats turn golden. Stir once or twice to make sure they are cooked evenly and then allow to cool.
3. Once cooled, combine your oats, pumpkin seeds, cereal, dried fruit, salt and Matcha in a large mixing bowl.
4. Place remaining wet ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk until everything is melted and combined.
5. Pour your wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl and stir well until fully combined with the dry ingredients.
6. Line your brownie pan with a sheet of baking paper slightly too large for the pan. Pour in your mixture and spread it right into the corners of the pan.
7. Refrigerate the mixture for at least two hours to set.
8. Use the extra baking paper along the edge to lift out the set muesli and transfer to a wooden chopping board. Slice into your preferred size of muesli bar and store in the fridge until ready to eat. They will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge.