Dango with Matcha Chocolate Fondue from Scandi
Makes 3 serves
- Mixing bowl
- Medium saucepan
- Small saucepan
- 3 skewers
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder, for decoration
- 300ml heavy cream
- 300g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
1. Mix the rice flour and water until it forms a firm dough.
2. Divide dough into 9 even sized balls (they should be roughly 2cm wide).
3. Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil and add in your dango balls.
4. Wait until they begin to float and then continue cooking for a further 3 minutes.
5. Drain dango and sprinkle with Matcha powder.
6. Heat cream in a small saucepan until just before boiling point.
7. Take your cream off the heat and stir in your white chocolate until melted.
8. Mix together your Matcha with a tablespoon of the cream and white chocolate mixture until smooth.
9. Stir through the rest of your cream and white chocolate mixture until evenly coloured and pour into a dipping bowl.
10. Place three dango onto each of your skewers, serve alongside dipping sauce and enjoy!